Careers with CST
We have a strong ethos that clearly sets out our goals for all children to succeed, no matter what their starting point is.
If you join our family of schools we will develop your career through our extensive professional career opportunities. Our schools even have teaching and learning coffee mornings where you can share ideas with other professionals. We have a strong ethos that clearly sets out our goals for all children to succeed. Opportunities to develop in our trust are substantial.
75% of our leadership teams are in post due to internal promotion. Good staff do well at CST.
Here are a few other reasons why you should work at the CST:
- We have the highest performing school in Newham in our Trust.
- We’ll make sure you are part of a high performing team that will look after you; as well as support you to be the best that you can possibly be.
- We’ll give you a voice that can be heard. If you show us it can be done better, we will make it happen.
- We’ll make sure you are successful. Our specialist team will work with you to forward plan the next 1, 3 and 5 year of your career so that you get to where you want to be.
- We'll provide you with exposure to challenging and rewarding work to allow you to demonstrate your skills.
- All of our schools have proactive staff social groups. CST is a great place to make friendships that can last a lifetime.
- All new staff have a buddy and a comprehensive onboarding process.
- We have an excellent Early Career Teacher (ECT) programme. We actively recruit teachers through the apprenticeship scheme (TAP). We train graduates to be the stars of the future in education.
- We’ll give you front row access to conferences that both promote and challenge the best educational ideas.
- We use the apprenticeship levy to fund high quality external NPQs.
- Well put you on a leadership and development programme run by our high performing senior management when you are ready for the next step.
- CST has excellent leadership. This is true at all levels across the Trust. The CEO was named one of the most influential people.